Is your hair Dye causing an allergic reaction? Then unfortunately, that means you are most likely allergic to one of the chemicals in the dye. The most common cause of these allergic reactions is para-phenylenediamine, also called PPD.
PPD can be found in commercial hair dyes under many alternative names. These include names such as PPDA, 1,4-Benzenediamine, and Phenylenediamine base.
Another common chemical found in hair dye is para-toluenediamine (PTD), which can be tolerated better than PPD but may still cause an allergic reaction in many people.
If you experience an allergic reaction due to your DYE, you might feel your scalp, ears, beard, or neck may become red and inflamed. The eyes also may itch, and the eyelids may swell as the reaction develops.
The most common symptom of a hair dye allergy is contact dermatitis. A quick reaction to the first signs of a hair dye allergy can make all the difference. Gentle moisturizers may help relieve symptoms of dry or itchy skin.
Most people will find that their skin may become dry, stretched, or cracked. The scalp may tighten or feel as if it is burning.
Symptoms of hypersensitivity to hair dye may last anywhere from a few days to a week or more, depending on the severity of the reaction.
Thankfully, if your allergy is mild you can also treat it at home without having to spend any money. All you need you may already have. So you may be wondering are there any quick home remedies for hair dye allergy?
Yes, honey is one of the oldest used traditional remedies for skin conditions. As it possesses immunomodulatory properties, it may help in reducing the lesions and rashes associated with atopic and contact dermatitis. Honey is widely known as nature’s healing agent. It can help soothing and reducing inflammation.
Dab a honey on the sterile gauze.
Dab the gauze on the rashes.