We know how much you love the effect tempered glass has on your phones’ screen protector; however, tempered glass tends to scratch easier than regular glass and should be cleaned gently. After trying tempered glass on your phone or owning tempered glass furniture, you never go back again. But have you ever wondered how to clean tempered glass? Glad you asked because we’ll be telling you just how.
Whether we are talking about your tempered glass cell phone cover or a large sheet of tempered glass, or even-tempered glass decorations, its effect is not the same when dirty. It’s like if its attractiveness is stripped away if they are dusty. Well-washed tempered glass, however, can make your things look new again.
But fear not, when tempered glass gets filthy, all you need to do is give it a good wash. And though it is not rocket science, certain tips and tricks are needed to clean tempered glass correctly. So now that you know your tempered glass can be washed and brought to life, it is time to learn how to do it. Check out a couple of methods that are foolproof to leave your tempered glass on your phone or somewhere else immaculate.
How to Clean Tempered Glass & Tempered Glass FAQ’s
What is tempered glass?
Tempered glass is a well-known type of tough glass that can break into pebbles with rounded edges. This is in contrast with sharp edges of regular glass rather than sharp ones. You need to note that tempered glass is prone to scratching. For example, a tempered screen protector or tempered glass table tops can present scratches.
What is the professional coating?
This is an extra step in caring for your tempered glass. You can hire a professional to apply a protective glass coating. These can protect the surface of the glass and make it easier to remove dirt or grime.
Why use a tempered glass screen protector?
Tempered glass screen protectors are very popular; it is used to shield your phone’s screen from wear and tear.
How to wash tempered glass
Installing tempered glass as a tabletop or for your device is a great investment. However, sometimes the damage is unavoidable. Dings, scrapes, impact damage, fingerprints can all happen, and most likely, they will. So what you are striving for is cleaning your tempered glass without damage; you should clean it with no abrasive cleaning products for this.
Maintaining its cleanliness is important to see the immaculate shine that tempered glass provides. You might see certain cloudy textures on the glass in some cases, and you must know how to clean this properly. Normal glass cleaners are also safe to use on tempered glass surfaces.
Cleaning your tempered glass screen protector
So let’s say debris got in between your phone’s screen and the protector, do not panic; tempered glass screen protectors are easy to clean.
Sometimes debris can form a bubble in your screen protector. To avoid this, it’s important to clean both sides of your screen protector properly. Just follow the next steps:
Front of your tempered glass screen protector:
- Soft cloth
- Spray bottle
- Dish soap
- Packing tape
1. Use a mixture that consists of an equal part dish soap and water.
2. Carefully apply the mixture to the screen, allowing 15 seconds for the cleaner to work its way into the grime. U
3. Use a soft sponge to remove the mixture. Then buff the screen with a soft cloth.
Clean the other side of your tempered glass screen protector:
1. With your hands clean, remove your tempered glass protector from your phone.
2. Cut off a few pieces of tape and loop them into rolls with the adhesive side out. Stick the rolls to the top side of your screen protector. Invert the screen protector and stick it to the table so that it is anchored firmly in place.
3. Place strips of tape across the sticky side of your tempered glass. Peel them off gently AND slowly, cleaning the dust and dirt in the process.
4. Continue doing this until you have removed all of the tape strips.
5. Wipe the surface with a microfiber cloth, and don’t forget to put the screen protector back on the phone’s face.
Cleaning tempered glass tabletops, windows, shower doors, or panels
1. Using a spray bottle, combine equal parts dish soap and water for your cleaning solution. This gentle
the liquid solution is more effective than spraying glass cleaner, and it’s less likely to scratch your tempered glass.
2. Now, you are ready to spray your solution onto the glass and let it sit for 10 to 15 seconds. These few seconds allow it to soak into the grime.
3. Use a wet sponge to rinse away the solution. Ditch your abrasive sponge for a soft one and soak it in clean water; now, you can rub it into the glass. Repeat the necessary times the cleaning solution is gone. When cleaning a big panel or window, it’s a good idea to work in sections. This step will allow you to clean the glass before water spots form.
4. Dry the glass. Grab a microfiber cloth and, making a circular motion, rub it over the glass until it is dry. The circular movement will avoid scratches on the glass.
5. Get a professional coating for long-lasting protection.
What to avoid when cleaning tempered glass
- While you may want to use DIY products, make sure to stay away from vinegar. Vinegar is among the products that are too abrasive and can end up damaging the glass.
- Also, steer clear of excessively harsh cleaners and chemicals such as Windex or alcohol. These formulas could remove the oleophobic coating off your protector, making it much less pleasant to use.
- Another big no-no is to scrub with abrasive tools such as your dishwasher brushes, paper towels, or tough sponges. These materials offer more damage than the desired cleaning effect.
- You might be tempted to clean the adhesive side of the screen protector only to spread the dirt and dust around.